(**) For very long LiPo power lines (more than 20cm) or for smoothing the power supply, attache a 100 - 400µF Low ESR 25V (or more) electrolytic capacitor to the power pads. Caution! When used with 5S lipo, the use of a electrolytic capacitor is recommended. (*) e.g. When mounted between two CF plates
- 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU @48Mhz
- Telemetry capability (voltage, current, temp, rpm)
- Over-current protection (measures the current and reduces it to max 30A)
- Over temperature protection (reduces the max power if hotter then 120°C)
- Expanded adaptive auto timing (3,25-30° advance will be calculated on each commutation)
- For Race Multicopters (24A continuous also with bad cooling *)
- High max. RPM (450.000ERpm, 64.000Rpm with a 14Pol Motor)
- Small size (19 x 27 mm)
- Accurate RPM control (~ 950 steps)
- No additional capacitor needed**
- Very fast throttle response
- Linear throttle response
- Active freewheeling (low diode losses)
- Regenerative braking
- Fast FET switching because of the use of gate drivers
- 2-5S LiPo**
- Oneshot42, Oneshot125 and normal (25 ? 500Hz) PWM auto detected.
- Operating voltage 6 - 25V
- Maximum continuous current 24A
- Instantaneous maximum current 30A active limited
- 500,000 ERPM maximum field speed (use of 450,000 recommended)
- Due to the regenerative braking, the KISS ESC should only be powered by LiPo batteries.
- Never start a brush-less motor in your hands!
- While starting up with propellers mounted, always care for distance yourself and objects
- Never power up your ESC/speed controllers without a valid signal transmitter (receiver or FC) is connected.
- The KISS ESC can be locally heated up to 80 ° C during operation!
- While soldering do not connect a voltage source at the ESC / speed controller.
- Some components on the KISS ESC can be destroyed by static charge. When handling such electronics, make sure to be grounded
KISS ESC24A re Knowledge Base
Read the Wiki section for Electrostatic Discharge before soldering.
DOWNLOADS (Manuals, Firmware, GUIs): http://kiss.flyduino.net/downloads/
special features (not needed for regular use!)